Ping Fire is a Firefox extension that is used to post messages to Ping.fm. The extension can be downloaded using the links at the bottom of this page.
The latest version of Ping Fire is also listed on the Firefox Add-Ons site. If you like the extension please post a review there.
- Supports all of Ping's content types.
- Supports your own custom triggers.
- Supports posting shortcuts. Such as @tt for Twitter and @fb for Facebook.
- Easily accessible from anywhere on the web.
- Quoting. Simply select something on a webpage you're reading and click the "Ping" button. The selected text and the current URL will be added to your message.
- Download and Install PingFire.
- Add the “Ping” button to a menu. You can do this by going to View >> Toolbars >> Customize.
- Provide the extension with your Application Key. (You can find your key by going to: http://ping.fm/key.) From within Firefox, go to Tools >> Add-Ons. Find “Ping Fire” in the list then click the “Preferences” button. Enter your User Name and your Application Key into the fields provided then click “Ok.”
Support, Feedback and Feature Requests
If you need support or have feedback please email email@example.com. When I respond, I may ask you to post your comments to GetSatisfaction. If I do, please use the link below. Note - All feature requests should be placed on GetSatisfaction as I use that service to track them and their popularity.
My work schedule requires extensive travel. Therefore it may take a week or so to respond to your email but I do answer all emails I receive.
Unfortunately there are some bugs in the current version of PingFire. If you're running into any of the issues below, please post the issue the appropriate thread on GetSatisfaction.
PingFire is not internationalized. Therefore special characters such as "é" or "ü" are stripped from all posts.(Fixed with version 1.0.2)
- The NoScript add-on prevents PingFire from working.
|Ping Fire 1.0.1 (Beta)||34.36 KB|
|Ping Fire 1.0.2 (Beta)||36.26 KB|